TERMS & CONDITIONS
Acceptance for transportation of objects or goods.
Auckland Budget Movers retains the right to change rates based on erroneous information when price estimates are offered based on information provided by the customer. Dimensions, weight, number of products, and delivery access conditions are all factors to consider. When pricing for any moving and delivery job, all Auckland Budget Movers customer service representatives have been taught to ask for precise information from the customer. Address redirection, additional labour, storage, waiting time, services not requested, and packing materials may all incur additional expenses. Auckland Budget Movers will check to see whether any personal or commercial products are dangerous to move.
Auckland Budget Movers will determine if any personal or commercial products are unsafe to carry or are inadequately wrapped, posing a risk of damage to the item being moved, other objects, or the transportation vehicle. We reserve the right to refuse any item or commodities for any reason. To guarantee that no additional risks are taken when transferring any objects or goods, all Auckland Budget Movers expert movers adhere to strict Health and Safety requirements.
Excluded items are not allowed to be transported.
Certain things are not approved for transport by Auckland Budget Movers in order to preserve the safety of your belongings and to avoid any potential risks.
- No pets or live animals
- No flammable materials, such as gasoline or full LPG cylinders.
- No harmful or hazardous goods, such as paint and chemicals.
- No engines or unpackaged auto parts.
- No perishable or frozen foods.
- No valuables such as cash, bullion, jewellery, passports, or vouchers.
Any items that cannot be safely lifted or transported by two individuals must be declared to Auckland Budget Movers and inspected. For two expert movers, the suggested weight limit is 80 kg. For heavy things, additional resources/people may be necessary, which may incur an additional charge.
If you are unsure or have any queries, please call us before booking to see what other options are available; we are pleased to assist and discuss the best solution.
Insurance options and The Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017
Household Goods and Personal Effects are not covered by insurance.
Please keep in mind that our pricing does not include insurance. Our delivery service is provided at the risk of the Owner (Customer), with no insurance. The Contract and Commercial Law Act of 2017 defines this term.
“All things are carried at the risk of the owner.” This means that if the products are lost or destroyed, we (the carrier) will not compensate you unless we (the carrier) do it on purpose.”
Auckland Budget Movers highly advises all customers to have proper insurance coverage for both personal and business items and assets.
While every care is taken when transporting private items and goods, accidents can and may happen. For this reason Auckland Budget Movers advises customers to contact your Home and Contents insurance provider and ask for specific Transit Cover for the duration of the move. Most home and contents policies do not specifically cover goods in transit as part of a private move.
If you don’t wish to take out your own insurance, you are acknowledging and accepting that you are using our services “At Owner’s risk” as defined by The Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017.
Please contact us if you’d like more information on this.
Carrier’s Liability and insurance
Items carried by Auckland Budget Movers are protected by Carriers Liability Insurance pursuant to the carriage of The Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017. However, customers should be aware of the following:
- Household and Office moves are not covered and are provided at Owner’s Risk.
- Customers have the option to obtain Transit cover with their existing Insurance providers. Auckland Budget Movers can also arrange Transit Insurance through our own insurers upon request.
- If damage or loss does occur, our insurer will manage claims accordingly. All claims will be forwarded onto our insurer broker, with applicable supporting documentation and application form.
- Any claim must strictly be lodged in writing within 24 hours of the occurrence of damage or loss. Claims submitted outside this time will not be accepted.
- There is no liability for damage if the goods have pre-existing damage, inherent damage/vice or where the damage has resulted from insufficient packaging
- There will be no liability for third party damage – i.e. in the event of an accident where the other party is found at fault, the carrier will not be liable for goods damaged in transit. In this case the customer must claim directly off the insurance company of the other party.
- In accordance with The Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017 your claim will only be processed once complete payment of the move as been received and acknowledged.
Other Liabilities & Limitations
- a) Whilst our team of movers provide utmost care and attention to your house, office and property whilst carrying out your move, there remains a risk of marking/ scuffs to door frames, internal walls and stairwells especially when handling larger furniture and whiteware items. Whilst the risk is low, all work carried out loading or unloading the site will be carried out at “Owners Risk” as defined Section 241 of the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017.
- b) Particularly note that damage caused by vehicles to lawns, driveways, footpaths, underground pipes, cables, sewerage and other underground installations is not covered.
Should our staff be instructed by the property occupier, move initiator, consignor, consignee or Shipper, or any person acting on their behalf to drive, park or maneuver vehicles in or near an area where such damage is likely to occur, compliance with such instructions will not in any way involve the Company or its Insurers in responsibility for any subsequent damage which may be sustained. Such responsibility will rest solely in the hands of the Owner, Consignor, Consignee, Shipper or initiator.
- c) All work is carried out on a “best – effort” basis. Whilst we try our best to make it on time for every booking and delivery, we sometimes do inevitably incur delays outside our control. Auckland Pack’N’Move is not liable for personal or business losses arising from such delays either directly or indirectly.
- a) All residential and non-credit account moves are payment on completion of service unless pre-arranged with management. All vehicles carry a mobile EFTPOS machine for easy payment
- b) All Credit Card payments (Visa and MasterCard) will be charged a 3% bank processing fee.